Askival of Strathearn
Becoming a member of the Society
The Kilt College Society
To become a member of the Society, you will have participated in either:
- attending the “Creating the Bespoke Tailored Kilt” course at the Askival of Strathearn studio, or
- the “Creating the Bespoke Tailored Kilt on-line course” which includes access to the on-line resource of the videos and the written word
The Kilt College Society is the icing on the cake.
It gives access to the:
- community and peer support through our WhatsApp group, Facebook page (“Askival of Strathearn Student Group”) and group Zoom sessions
- Join the four weekly Gatherings which has an organised program, sometimes with guest speakers and four weekly Café which is informal (two weeks apart)
- growing Knowledge Bank and its Wee Treasury Boxes pertaining to the course/s you have purchased.
- sharing of experience to enrich and develop the craft
- continuing ability to buy kiltmaking materials at preferential prices
- creativity shared and inspired by the amazing members
Creativity depends on a number of things: experience, including knowledge and technical skills; talent; an ability to think in new ways; and the capacity to push through uncreative dry spells.
- Society of Askival Kiltmakers Membership: £10 per month
- Online coaching
- £200 for 10 individual ½ hour sessions in one year
- £25 for an individual ½ hour session