Askival of Strathearn
Becoming a member of the College of Master Kilt Tailors
Membership of the College of Master Tailors
Associate Member of the College of Master Kilt Tailors
You will have participated in either:
- Attending the “Creating the Bespoke Tailored Kilt” course at the Askival of Strathearn studio, or
- One of the on-line courses included in the “Bespoke Tailoring of the Kilt, its variations, and restoration” training programme which includes access to the on-line resource of the videos and the written word.
Member of the College of Master Kilt Tailors
To be a Member of the College of Master Kilt Tailors you will have been awarded accreditation of the training program
The Accreditation Training Program (ATP) – Bespoke Tailoring of the Kilt, its variations, and restoration.
- The accreditation will be awarded to trainees who have indicated their intention to participate in the ATP and have consistently achieved a satisfactory “examination of craftsmanship” scoring and have constructively responded to formative feedback for each of the sixteen kilts described in the ATP.
- Exceptional high quality of craftsmanship will earn a mark of Distinction.
- To be entitled to use the title of “Member of the College of Master Kilt Tailors” followed by the acronym – MCMKT all of the following must be fulfilled:
- Accreditation must be achieved
- Is a member of the Society of the College of Master Kilt Tailors
- Commits to uphold the College of Master Kilt Tailors Quality Standards
- Commits to lifelong learning.
Associate Members of the College of Master Kilt Tailors have access to the:
- community and peer support through our WhatsApp group, and group Zoom sessions
- Join the four weekly Gatherings which has an organised program, sometimes with guest speakers and four weekly Café which is informal (two weeks apart)
- growing Knowledge Bank and its Wee Treasury Boxes pertaining to the course/s you have purchased.
- sharing of experience to enrich and develop the craft
- continuing ability to purchase kiltmaking materials at preferential prices
- creativity shared and inspired by the amazing members
Creativity depends on a number of things: experience, including knowledge and technical skills; talent; an ability to think in new ways; and the capacity to push through uncreative dry spells.
- The College of Master Kilt Tailors Membership: £10 per month or £110 per annum
- Online coaching
- £350 for 10 individual ½ hour sessions in one year
- £40 for an individual ½ hour session