Askival of Strathearn
Bespoke Tailored Kilt course
Attending the “Creating the Bespoke Tailored Kilt course” at the Askival of Strathearn studio
You will aim to make the hand tailored traditional heirloom kilt.
This course is usually for 10 to 12 days, depending on your rate of progress. This can be done in a block or spread over mutually agreed days.
You will have one to one tuition. Other students, up to six, may be present, but each will be working at different rates and will not affect your personal tuition. You will receive worksheets and have the use of all equipment.
- £1200 ~ The “Creating the Bespoke Tailored Kilt course”
- I can also supply:
- £180 to £300 ~ 8 to 10 yards of tartan depending on amount and the choice of tartan approximately
- £45. ~ canvasses; lining; choice of quality – leather straps, chapes & sporran loops; buckles; use of materials and equipment etc.
- You can also purchase kilt making equipment from me, sharing the benefit of my suppliers’ terms.
It takes quite a few kilts to be able to feel confident and competent enough to go it alone. In fact, even after many kilts, I treasure all the different people that come into my kilting community and who keep me learning!
To embed your learning I recommend:
- Purchasing the on line video course material to refer to as you create your future kilts. You will get personalised coaching as part of the on line purchase for that kilt and you have it to refer to for future kilts
- Join the Society of Askival Kiltmakers where we have peer support, and access updated training material and a library of information.
If you want to make another kilt or more kilts, I also provide the necessary continuous learning support:
£80 per day (10am to 4pm)
£40 per per afternoon (1pm to 4.30PM)
£30 per hour for on line support
- £80 per day (10 am to 4.30pm)
- £40 per afternoon (1pm to 4.30pm)
- An established learning set to meet, network, share best practice and inspire each other: £30 per day