Askival of Strathearn
Bespoke Tailoring of the Kilt, its variations, and restoration Course
Attending the “Bespoke Tailoring of the Kilt, its variations, and restoration” at the Askival of Strathearn studio
You will aim to create the bespoke tailored kilt. A beautiful heirloom.
Most students take 10 to 12 days, depending on your rate of progress. This can be done in a block or spread over mutually agreed days.
You will have one to one tuition. Other students, up to six, may be present, but each will be working at different rates and will not affect your personal tuition. You will receive worksheets and have the use of all equipment.
- £2000 ~ “The Bespoke Tailoring of the Kilt, its variations, and restoration”
- I can also supply:
- £250 to £300 ~ 8 to 10 yards of tartan depending on amount and the choice of tartan approximately
- £90. ~ canvasses; lining; choice of quality – leather straps, chapes & sporran loops; buckles; use of materials and equipment etc.
- You can also purchase kilt making equipment from me, sharing the benefit of my suppliers’ terms.
It takes quite a few kilts to be able to feel confident and competent enough to go it alone. In fact, even after many kilts, I treasure all the different people that come into the kilting community and who keep me learning!
To embed your learning I recommend:
- Purchasing the on line video course material to refer to as you create your future kilts. You will get personalised coaching as part of the on line purchase for that kilt and you have it to refer to for future kilts
- Join the Members of the College of Master Kilt Tailors where we have Accreditation, a Quality Mark, peer support, and access updated training material and a library of information and resources.
If you want to make another kilt or more kilts, I also provide the necessary continuous learning support:
£175 per day (10am to 4pm)
£90 per per afternoon (1pm to 4.30PM)
£30 per 1/2 hour for online tutorial
£50 per hour for online tutorial
The Member of the College of Master Kilt tailors
- Individual membership £110 per annum (£10 monthly payments)
- Additional Online coaching £20 each for 40min group session
- £25 per 1/2 hour for online tutorial £40 per hour for online tutorial
Creativity depends on a number of things: experience, including knowledge and technical skills; talent; an ability to think in new ways; and the capacity to push through uncreative dry spells.
- £80 per day (10 am to 4.30pm)
- £40 per afternoon (1pm to 4.30pm)
- An established learning set to meet, network, share best practice and inspire each other: £30 per day