Askival of Strathearn
Bespoke Tailoring of the Kilt, its variations, and restoration
The College of Master Kilt Tailors
…is an alternative to attending Askival of Strathearn to create your kilt but also a valued prior or follow up course to the attending of Askival.
It is a combination of viewing, reading, and personal coaching.
The course material is also a significant record of the craft and its nuances.
The comprehensive documentation and instructional videos will allow you to create a kilt in your own time without having to come to the Askival of Strathearn studio in Perth, Scotland. Included in the price of this course is group and one-to-one Zoom coaching and at the end of the course you will keep access to the documents and the videos to help you with your ongoing creations.
This on-line course may also suit someone who has been to the Askival of Strathearn studio who would like to make another kilt but is unable to return to the studio for further tuition.
When attending Askival of Strathearn is not possible for on-going learning, I believe access to the combination of remote viewing, reading, and personal coaching is the answer. That is, the written word, the instructional videos, communication within the programme, and the live contact with a tutor and peers.
Once you have made one kilt whether having attended Askival of Strathearn or not, the videos and the written word have become invaluable as you work on further kilts.
In this course, you have all three.
- “Creating the Bespoke Tailored Kilt on-line course” £2000
Plus, the cost of cloth, other materials, and equipment you require
You can also purchase kilt making equipment from me, sharing the benefit of my suppliers’ terms.
Recognition of achievement and accreditation
- The College of Master Kilt Tailors Recognition of Achievement for the trainee’s individual creation
- This will be awarded to trainees who have consistently achieved a satisfactory “examination of craftsmanship” scoring and have constructively responded to formative feedback.
- The Skills and Education Group Awards Accreditation Training Program (ATP) – Bespoke Tailoring of the Kilt, its variations, and restoration.
- The accreditation will be awarded to trainees who have indicated their intention to participate in the ATP and have consistently achieved a satisfactory “examination of craftsmanship” scoring and have constructively responded to formative feedback for each of the sixteen kilts described in the ATP.
- Each creation and its relevant Working Portfolio of Learning has been internally and externally assessed
- Exceptional high quality of craftsmanship will earn a mark of Distinction.
- Having been awarded the accreditation the Craftsman will be entitled to use the title of “Member of the College of Master Kilt Tailors” followed by the acronym – MCMKT all the following must be fulfilled:
- Accreditation through The Skills and Education Group Awards Accreditation Training Program (ATP) must be achieved
- Full membership of the College of Master Kilt Tailors
- Commits to uphold the Quality Standards of The College of Master Kilt Tailors
- Commits to lifelong learning.